Starting Monday, April 12, 2021, our library is open to the public (Building Capacity limited to 4 patrons, once capacity is reached, patrons can wait outside following physical distancing protocols)
WHAT TO DO:
– all returns should be put in library depository to the right of the door before entering building. (due to quarantine procedure)
– mask and gloves / hand sanitizer use will be required, practice safe social distancing (6 feet apart)
– sign in – patrons are asked to sign in when entering the library to assist in contact tracing if necessary
– patrons can now come into the library to browse shelves and check out items
– 4 patrons maximum at a time, children under 10 need to accompanied by an adult
– 15 minute sessions
– sign out
For those not comfortable with entering the library curbside is still available.
Mon. & Tues. 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Wed. & Thurs. 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Fri. & Sat. 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Holland Patent Free Library
Curbside Pick-Up Procedure
● Library Takeout will allow patrons to reserve books, audiobooks, DVDs and other materials
online at https://hollandpatentlibrary.org for our library only or by calling 315-865-5034 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage you to take advantage of this personalized service, which is designed to
provide access to library materials while observing all safety mandates and
● We will notify you via email or phone when your Library Takeout order is ready. You may
then set up an appointment for library material pick up at the library.
● Patrons who are coming to pick up materials must wear a mask and practice appropriate social distancing. Your order will be by the front door at your set pick up time. You will not have contact with staff – your materials will already be checked out; just take and go.
● If you are physically unable to walk to the library’s entrance, please alert the staff when you make your order so that other arrangements can be made.
● If you have materials to return, please put them in the library’s book depository located to the right of the door.
● All returned materials will be disinfected and quarantined before they are available to loan
again. That means it may take up to 7 days for materials you have returned to be removed
from your account.
● More services will be added as state and local restrictions are lifted.
● However, we are prepared and ready to safely offer Library Takeout service. Additional
programs will be available when we are able to safely provide them to our community.
● Online resources: Including Libby (overdrive), RB Digital, and Transparent Language
lessons have been available and expanded throughout the closure and will remain
available at www.midyork.org
Calendar of Events
More Resources: A great resource for finding books in a series or more books by the same author: http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/